Sunday, April 22, 2007

First Post - goals and start point.

This is my first post to this blog and I suppose it should deliniate what the purpose of the blog is intended to be.

As college winds down to graduation here in Boston in late May, I found myself floundering. So in light of surrounding events and the chance finding of certain resources I have decided that it is time for me to take up the goal of running the Marathon. I have tried to do so in the past as well but physical limitations (injuries, etc.) have been a problem. What might further complicate this matter is that I am also starting medical school in late May in Florida.

So I will be using Hal Higdon's Novice Supreme Marathon Training Calendar. Available at: http://www.halhigdon.com/beginrunner/novicesupreme.htm

I'm currently on the last day of week 4 and ran an out and back loop from an intersection nearby along the Charles River to the Mass Ave bridge and back along Bay State - 4 miles at 34 minutes and 10 seconds.

My current goal is to complete the Hartford Marathon on 10/13. My ultimate goal (what has been a family goal for 2 generations now) is to complete the Boston Marathon.

No comments: